Please note that these are the Terms & Conditions set out by the Access 2 Program:
1. The application form must be submitted by a person with a disability or a legal guardian on his or her behalf. If the applicant is unable to sign, a legal guardian can sign on their behalf.
2. The applicant must be a client of the authorizing health care professional/service provider. The authorized health care provider signing section C must NOT be related to the applicant. We do NOT accept medical or diagnosis letters.
3. If the applicant has a CNIB ID card, a photocopy of the card can be submitted in place of the Section C authorization. In this case, you do not have to complete section C. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS OF THE CNIB CARD.
4. This card is valid for a period of 3 or 5 years from date of issue after which a renewal application form must be filed with Easter Seals Canada. $20 for a 3-year card, $30 for a 5-year card.
5. The applicant must be identified as having a disability that requires a support person/attendant while attending an entertainment, cultural, recreation or attraction. This must be verified by a registered health care professional or a recognized service provider (see section C for a complete list of regulated health care professional).
6. The applicant must present the Access 2 Card at the movie theatre or selected attraction or venue’s box office when purchasing his or her own ticket. The Access 2 card cannot be used in such way where 2 free entries are granted. One individual must pay admission, regardless of other promotions. Anyone 18 years old and over can act as the cardholder’s attendant. Photo Identification is not necessary; however, the theatre or attraction may ask to see a second piece of photo identification.
7. The person with a disability and support person must attend the movie or attraction together.
8. Prices may vary from theatre chain to chain or entertainment venue. No advanced tickets or admissions can be obtained with this card. For theatres: admission tickets can only be issued on the day of the selected movie.
9. Tickets can only be purchased in person together with a support person attending the same attraction. Under no circumstances are tickets to be resold.
10. This program is administrated by Easter Seals Canada on behalf of the Access 2 Partners. Upon submission of your complete application please allow 4 weeks for processing of your application and delivery of your Access 2 Card.
11. There is a $20 or $30 (see no. 4) replacement fee for a lost or stolen card. Send a cheque made out to Easter Seals Canada to 40 Holly St. Suite 401, Toronto, ON, M4S 3C3 - or pay online via credit card.
12. Applications that are incomplete or improperly completed will not be processed. The applicant will be notified and asked to resubmit a complete and corrected application.
13. The Access 2 Card is a privilege, not a right. Misuse or abuse of this card shall result in the immediate termination and confiscation of the card and its privileges.
14. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.